[cabf_validation] Minutes of 11 April 2019

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Apr 12 12:32:25 MST 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 1:52 PM Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) <
dzacharo at harica.gr> wrote:

> When a member proposes something, this could be captured in the minutes as
> "member X suggested this improvement to this method". In terms of IPR
> protection, it's the same as writing "Dimitris: Why don't we do this
> improvement to this ridiculous method"?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that you should be able to
suggest that method is ridiculous, but desire not to have that reflected in
the minutes? For members that aren't able to make a call, and for the
public, it provides a clear and distinct value to know that position.

I think, so long as we have minute takers that are themselves members - and
thus active participants in the discussions and far from disinterested
parties - we benefit from clarity about exactly what was said, rather than
subjective interpretations. This is true, both for matters of IPR and in
understanding the evolution and understanding of our documents.

In any event, I look forward to your proposed improvements, since there's
actually great value in the minutes Robin provided - and, indeed, matches
the approach of minutes used in other SDOs, such as W3C or IETF