[cabf_validation] domain registrar as an applicant

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Mon Oct 22 08:26:18 MST 2018

On 22/10/2018 4:23 μμ, Adriano Santoni via Validation wrote:

> In fact, I cannot describe any such process based on the current BRs.
> Just wanted to see if anybody had a different opinion...

Adriano,

Based on the recent amendment of the definition of *Domain Contact*:
"The Domain Name Registrant, technical contact, or administrative
contract (or the equivalent under a ccTLD) as listed in the WHOIS record
of the Base Domain Name or in a DNS SOA record, or as obtained through
direct contact with the Domain Name Registrar"

you can retrieve this information from a Domain Name Registrar (again,
as defined in 1.6.1). Once you have the Domain Contact for a specific
Domain Name, you can use for example 3.2.2.4.2 to send an e-mail,
3.2.2.4.3 to call, and so on, to validate the Domain.

Perhaps I have not understood your message correctly but I don't see any
"doubt" or ambiguity in the BRs regarding this requirement. You usually
start with some TLD and work towards the Base Domain Name.

Dimitris.