[cabf_validation] Company name and disallowed

James Burton james at sirburton.com
Thu May 31 13:30:07 MST 2018

I recently incorporated the company named ";", see: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11363219. This company compiles with the both the "Companies Act 2006" and "The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015".

Now the current guidelines state that this type of name is not allowed due to regulation 7.1.4.2.2 (j). I misinterpret this regulation and I thought that because this name is complete and incorporated that the name should be allowed in the O field. I was corrected by forum member.

This is wrong and should be changed to allow all types of legally incorporated company names to get certificates. I understand this doesn't fit any of the standard company name profiles you've seen but this company name can be used in practice  and I can think of many business types that would love this type of name.

Thank you

James Burton