[cabf_validation] Using 3.2.2.4.2/.3 for future domains

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Mar 21 02:41:28 MST 2018

I’m suggesting we might want to consider forbidding or restricting it if after analyzing it we decide there are things about it we don’t like, in the same way we are considering potentially tightening up other things about domain validation methods.

I don’t have strong feelings about it right now, but it is certainly not something we contemplated when we originally thought about the requirements.  And that makes me a bit uneasy, especially since we spent a lot of time in many cases while writing the requirements to make sure that domain validations were fresh and that the operator was affirmatively involved.

These sorts of things turn that on their head.  That may be fine, but we should look at them with a critical eye and see if they do what we want.  The answer may be yes.  I’m still thinking them through.

-Tim