[cabf_validation] Notes of Meeting 2017-09-07

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Thu Sep 7 08:28:34 MST 2017

Notes of Validation Working Group Meeting

Present:  Rick A., Ben W., Tim S., Tyler M., Doug B., Wayne T.

The group discussed whether to  introduce Ballot 207 - ASN.1 Jurisdiction in
EV Guidelines and Ballot 208 - dnQualifiers.  It was uncertain whether it
would cause confusion with other pending ballots (Ballot 190 - Validation
Methods, Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline, and the  governance reform
ballot).  No decision was made.

The group felt that some work on validation methods should wait until voting
has completed on Ballot 190.  Ben said he would circulate the old list of
issues (see attached) and ask people to add to the list and remove items
that had already been addressed.

Doug asked whether we should address any CAA issues in this working group.

Ben said that we have one more meeting before our face-to-face meeting in
Taipei and that we should gather up issues to talk about.

Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting - Thursday, 21 Sept. 2017

Ben Wilson, JD, CISA, CISSP

VP Compliance