[cabf_validation] Given Name and Surname v2

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Fri Jun 10 10:32:05 MST 2016

Sorry for the delay. Responses below

On the phone call, didn't we discuss whether you needed both givenName and
surname? I don't remember the specifics. Does it ever make sense to have one
and not the other? (I guess if you're issuing a cert to Cher, Bono or Prince
;^)

-          We discussed that you could have a givenName, a surname, or both.

Regarding 7.1.6.1, should we also say that if you include givenName and/or
surname, then the certificate must assert the IV policy identifier of
2.23.140.1.2.3? I know that the BRs say that the use of these OIDs is
optional, but Microsoft requires them. Should we make them mandatory in this
ballot?

-          I'm fine with that.