[cabf_validation] [cabfPAG] Domain Validation Methods Proposal

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Wed Jul 29 12:23:50 MST 2015

Thanks for the explanation, Gerv.  I think it will be some weeks before a revised draft ballot modifying the domain validation methods under BR 3.2.2.4 (formerly BR 11.1.1) will be ready for review by the PAG.  The VWG's plan is to continue working on a draft ballot until we think it's in good shape, then sent it to the public list and full Forum for discussion and suggestions, that bring it back to the VWG for any final editing.  At that point, there will be an actual proposed ballot on new validation methods that can come back to the full Forum and to public list for final discussion and adoption.

The best time for the PAG to look at a finished ballot, therefore, is at the end, after the review by the VWG and Forum has been completed, and any final edits have been made.

In the meantime -- to my knowledge, the PAG has never reviewed the six EXISTING domain validation methods of CURRENT BR 3.2.2.4.  Because these six methods will all be included in the new ballot (plus some additional validation methods that we are adding), it might be a useful project for the PAG right now to review the CURRENT BR 3.2.2.4 domain validation methods against all disclosed patent claims.  Whatever the result is, it will be useful later when the revised ballot is ready for PAG review.  Does that make sense to you?

Kirk