[cabfpub] Audit Period ballot draft

Jody Cloutier jodycl at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 28 16:58:58 UTC 2017

We would also endorse this ballot.

@Keri Street<mailto:kestreet at microsoft.com>

From: Public [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Ryan Sleevi via Public
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:46 AM
To: Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org>
Cc: sleevi at google.com; CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List <public at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Audit Period ballot draft

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org<mailto:gerv at mozilla.org>> wrote:
How about this?

Audit Period: In a period-of-time audit, the period between the first
day (start) and the last day of operations (end) covered by the auditors
in their engagement. (This is not the same as the period of time when
the auditors are on-site at the CA.) The coverage rules and maximum
length of audit periods are defined in section 8.1.

Thanks, I think that works, and would be happy to endorse. (My own lack of creativity was how best to reference Section 8.1 without suggesting it's the exhaustive set of constraints on audit periods)

It does mean any changes/usages will need to keep that definition in mind, but that's probably true regardless.