[cabfpub] Ballot idea: Define "Audit Period"

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Feb 23 20:06:28 UTC 2017

Here is the "core" WT language in a practitioner's report:

We have examined the assertion by the management of [name of CA] that in providing its Certification Authority (CA) services during the period from April 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016, [CA] has: [done various things for its roots] based on the Trust Service Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities Version 2.0. ***

In our opinion, for the period April 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016, [CA's] management's assertion, as set forth in the first paragraph, is fairly stated, in all material respects, based on the AICPA/CICA Trust Service Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities Version 2.0.

How about changing "the period of CA operations a Qualified Auditor considers ***" to "examines" or "reports on" or "covers"?

Maybe we ask Jeff Ward to choose exactly the right language?  Otherwise, we support and will co-endorse.  Are there other minor changes to the BRs (and EVGL) to make in this same ballot?