[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates: User input

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Feb 10 08:56:16 UTC 2017

On 10/02/17 00:12, Jeremy Rowley via Public wrote:
> No, I don’t think that meeting was fair signal to research how long the
> transition to one year certs would take. The aggressive proposal at the
> time was 27 months (which DigiCert proposed).

Well, from the table in that document, it seems that both Eddy and Tim
proposed 1 year (or 13 months probably, in practice) for DV certs, which
is the largest class of cert (albeit perhaps DigiCert would say it
doesn't issue them?). So the possibility of 1 year for at least some
classes of cert has been on the table for a while now.

Gerv