[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: ]RE: Ballot 194 - Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions is in the VOTING period (ends April 16)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Apr 18 08:53:00 UTC 2017

On 17/04/17 20:07, Ryan Sleevi via Public wrote:
>     I think this is the crux of the matter at hand. There are different
>     interpretations of “posting” and interpreting it one way or the
>     other is the cause of the issue. Looking at “entirety” is one way.
>     Looking at “intent” is another. ____

If we want to figure out what "posting" means, we should look at the
ballot where that language was introduced:

Here's one of the provisions of that ballot:

"2) Draft minutes of Forum meetings (both virtual and in-person, and
including any sub-groups or committees) will be posted to the private
list to allow members to make sure they are being correctly reported."

If the concept of "posting" were allowed to include "sending but not
getting through", how could this make any sense? Members cannot make
sure they are being correctly reported if they can't read the message
with the minutes in.

It seems clear to me that the meaning of "posting" in the original
ballot which introduced that language includes the concept of successful
delivery to list members.

Gerv