[cabfpub] Suggestion to amend BR Section7.1.4.2.2d/e RE: EV Gudelines section 9.2.5 & X.520

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Mon Jul 18 13:36:01 UTC 2016

> On Jul 18, 2016, at 6:30 AM, Erwann Abalea <Erwann.Abalea at docusign.com> wrote:
>
> BTW, I just noticed there are some certificates with HK (Hong-Kong) and MO (Macao) as country code. These are not countries, but administrative regions of China

Erwann,

According to the BRs, as I read it, this is valid.  The BRs say that the countryName attribute must contain the "the two-letter ISO 3166-1 country code associated with the location of the Subject”.  So an organization in Hong Kong could use either HK or CN, as both reflect the location of the subject.

Thanks,
Peter