[cabfpub] Request for six month delay on new Google SHA-1 deprecation policy

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Thu Aug 28 23:16:03 UTC 2014

[Reposting from Google's SHA-1 list]

From: security-dev at chromium.org [mailto:security-dev at chromium.org] On Behalf Of Kirk Hall
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:15 PM
To: security-dev at chromium.org
Cc: Kirk Hall (RD-US); rsleevi at chromium.org; blink-dev at chromium.org; steve.medin at gmail.com; net-dev at chromium.org; rsleevi at chromium.org
Subject: Re: Intent to Deprecate: SHA-1 certificates

Ryan -- seriously -- if you can point us to where, in the strings you referenced, that Google's new policy was first disclosed to CAs, and if it was about six months ago, you will receive a full and abject public apology from me, and no further complaints about the new policy.

So please resolve this once and for all -- where and when exactly do you believe that Google first disclosed this new policy?