[cabf_validation] Proposed ballot on improving Registration Number language in EVGs

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Aug 29 06:18:15 UTC 2024

Thank you both. From my standpoint, in this particular example and
Clint's additional context, it could go both ways. At the end of the
day, as long as the language is clear and unambiguous, it can be placed
in any part of the document :)

In order to maintain strict RFC 2119 conformance, the definition of the
Random Value must include the words MUST/SHALL for the 112 bits of
entropy and similarly in other parts of the document. I don't think
anyone can challenge the existing requirement as written, but this is a
technicality that could be fixed throughout the document in a clean-up
ballot. The expectations/results would be exactly the same, but the
output style will be more compatible with RFC 2119.

Dimitris.