[cabf_validation] "Applicant" and "Applicant Representative" BR analysis items

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Tue Oct 25 19:07:42 UTC 2022

Hello,

Apologies for sending this out a bit late, but as promised on the previous
call, here's my running list of items we've identified thus far in our
reading of the BRs:

Things to keep in mind:

- Try to maintain current language/meaning of Subscriber Agreement/Terms of
Use to avoid messy legal changes

To discuss further:

- Do we need a term to encompass the concept of a current Subscriber that
has submitted a Certificate Request for a new Certificate?

To-do:

- Revive ballot to distinguish Secret vs. Freshness Random Values

- Make clear that CAs must maintain validation records for their own
Certificates

- Use same construction of the initial sentence in 3.2.3 as in 3.2.5 to
avoid requiring identity verification for DV certificates requested by
natural persons

- Move final sentence of 3.2.3 to 3.2.5, maybe make new sub-section to
clarify intent

- 4.1 and 4.2 need help, as it's not clear what exactly a "certificate
request" is comprised of

Thanks,

Corey