[cabf_validation] Profiles: cPSuri for Cross-certificates

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Jul 13 20:59:06 UTC 2022

I’m trying to think of whether a permissive update that allowed either the traditional way or your proposed new way would be harmful.  Because that would avoid the complications of “changing” the requirement.

I’ve been thinking through what might go wrong for a bit, and nothing is coming to mind.  It would merely allow a CA to point to the right CPS, instead of arguably the wrong CPS.  There’s the potential for some confusion during the transition period, but that doesn’t seem to be a good argument for continuing to uniformly do it wrong.

-Tim