[cabf_validation] Onion clean-up ballot

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon Feb 7 21:34:05 UTC 2022

Following-up on the meeting on 2021-12-02,

I worked with Corey and Wayne preparing a pull request addressing
-hopefully- all currently open issues regarding onion certificates.

  * https://github.com/dzacharo/servercert/pull/4

Here is a summary of the changes:

 1. Created a Defined Term for Onion Domain Name. We discovered a lot of
    repeated long text describing what an onion certificate is, and
    thought it would be best adding as a definition
 2. Removed EVG Appendix F contents since v2 onion certificates can't be
    used anymore; it is kept as a placeholder
 3. Removed the obligation for the CA to ensure that the
    /applicantSigningNonce /includes specific entropy.
 4. Tweaked 3.2.2.8 a bit in the hopes of making the initial sentence
    shorter and easier to read

Please let us know if you have any comments or concerns.

Dimitris.