[cabf_validation] More Certificate Policy Weirdness

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Wed Mar 17 15:21:18 UTC 2021

I recall the policy OID chaining between issuing CAs and leaf
certificates having been discussed in the past, and the result of that
discussion was that chaining is not enforced by Browsers and has no
applicability for the publicly-trusted TLS Certificates. If such a
chaining requirement was enforceable by Browsers, it could also be used
to scope certain Issuing CAs but we didn't want to use that method.

Is there a requirement for the custom CABF OIDs to be present in the
issuing CA Certificates if they do not have "anyPolicy" ?

Thanks,
Dimitris.