[cabf_validation] [EXTERNAL]Re: Making progress on disclosures of data sources

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Apr 23 07:20:21 MST 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 1:01 AM Kirk Hall <Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com>
wrote:

> Are you aware of any EV certificates that have actually been mis-issued to
> Swedish companies because of this (alleged) problem as to which agency is
> the correct one to use for EV validation of a corporation?

I've answered your question twice now. Yes.

I even linked you to discussion about this.

Given the tone of your message, your use of phrases like "(alleged)"
throughout, and that fact that there's been repeated attempts to engage in
good faith to your questions, to which you summarily dismiss, it's entirely
reasonable at this point that your questions are not in good faith, but in
fact aimed to disrupt the conversation.

Our goal is to ensure that any two CAs are able to reach the same results
for the same organization. Both in terms of the organization they're
verifying (The Subscriber) and in terms of the organizations they use to do
this.

This is not happening today, and the lack of transparency and
accountability, combined with the persistent data quality issues, cause a
significant lack of confidence in the approach used. My hope is that we'd
be able to work together to improve the industry, collaboratively, but such
hostility suggests an intentional attempt to disrupt any progress from
being made, and any collaborations from succeeding. This is unfortunate,
and potentially fatal, for an industry that trades on trust.