[cabf_validation] Agenda

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Thu Apr 9 12:41:13 MST 2020

Ryan provided this link to navigate to the proposed certificate profile
Google Sheet:

*	https://wiki.cabforum.org/validation

I made some edits to the Root CA and the Distinguished Names sheets by
adding some columns which I'd recommend we use over the ones Ryan quickly
specified.

Perhaps the most "dramatic" recommendation is to split complicated compound
requirements which are currently stated like this:

MUST contain the Subject's locality information as verified under Section
3.2.2.1. If the subject:countryName field specifies the ISO 3166-1
user-assigned code of XX in accordance with Section 7.1.4.2.2(g), the
localityName field MAY contain the Subject's locality and/or state or
province information as verified under Section 3.2.2.1.

Into 2 statements (columns):

1.	Is this a required or optional field and how to you tell?
2.	Validation rules for when it is present

So the above would be something like:

Required/Optional:

Required if subject verified under Section 3.2.2.1
Optional when Country code = XX

Validation rules:

The Subject's locality information as verified under Section 3.2.2.1

If I got this right, this is so much easier to interpret.

Comments?