[cabf_validation] Status of the "Spring" cleaning Ballot?

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Jul 26 11:42:16 MST 2019

I ran into Tim at the IETF, and he pointed me to his branch at
https://github.com/timfromdigicert/documents/tree/Minor-Cleanups

Notably, some of these changes were already addressed in the past cleanup,
and this is based on a much older version of the CA/Browser Forum documents.

To help ease this along, I've gone ahead and rebased to the latest version
of our documents, excluding changes already included. You can see this at
https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...sleevi:2019-07-Cleanups

That said, I recall that there had been discussions from the past calls and
meetings on other stuff to add since March 2019 (when Tim last updated).
I'm going to go through our past minutes and discussions to try to make
sure I've got everything, as well as address some of the cleanups I noted
on the lifetime ballot around harmonizing terms.

My branch is open to pull requests if other folks spot things, or if my
merges/rebases missed anything.

Once we've got the cleanups identified, we can see if any should be spun
out into their own ballots, or if any may conflict with in-progress or
draft ballots.