[cabf_validation] Draft Ballot to Remove IP "Any Other Method" Validation (SC7)

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Jan 23 13:26:37 MST 2019

I’ll endorse.

-Tim

From: Validation <validation-bounces at cabforum.org> On Behalf Of Wayne Thayer via Validation
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 1:16 PM
To: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <jsha at letsencrypt.org>
Cc: CA/Browser Forum Validation WG List <validation at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabf_validation] Draft Ballot to Remove IP "Any Other Method" Validation (SC7)

Sort of. Tim said that DigiCert has used it in the past. No other CAs spoke up on the call. Also, when we asked this question last February, GlobalSign said that they use this method. Given that this method is defined in the current BRs, I don't think leaving it in this ballot makes the situation worse, so I'm inclined to stick with that approach.

Also, can I get one more endorser for this ballot (so far I have Doug)?

Thanks,

Wayne