[cabf_validation] OrganisationIdentifier mandated by ETSI TS 119 495

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Fri Nov 16 08:04:42 MST 2018

Please see below >>

Il 15/11/2018 21:06, Ryan Sleevi ha scritto:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:17 AM Adriano Santoni via Validation
> <validation at cabforum.org <mailto:validation at cabforum.org>> wrote:
>
>     Maybe just because I am a European, I see no problem in referring
>     to an ETSI norm in the EVGLs. Besides, ETSI norms are already
>     referred to in the current EVGLs and in several RFCs. Some of them
>     are even published as RFCs.
>
> Can you provide citations, beyond the audit criteria?

Well, there are quite a few RFCs referring to ETSI specs in their
"Normative References" section, e.g. RFC 5328, 6683, 7380, 8105, 8172,
8352 (but there are more). Most of them have nothing to do with the
WebPKI, of course, but that's not the point. Furthermore, there are at
least 4 RFCs that are transpositions of equivalent ETSI specs: RFC 3125,
3126 (obsoleted by 5126), 3628, and 5126.

Adriano