[cabf_validation] Method 6 and Redirection

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Thu Jul 19 14:19:49 MST 2018

On this morning's call, we discussed improvements to domain validation
method #6 and agreed that we need to dig into the question of following
redirects. I volunteered to create a spreadsheet listing different types of
redirects that we should consider. I decided to add this to the validation
summit findings doc [1] as a table in the Method 6 section rather than
creating a new doc. As we discussed on the call, please review this new
table and add your comments. I also added some question that we should
consider right after the table in the doc.

I also tried to dig up some old emails on this topic but only found this:
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-July/011682.html

- Wayne

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJiOzYVTpoAPVWDucnp20cTO2PR_cRsHncvkhlrcR10/edit?usp=sharing