[cabf_validation] [EXTERNAL]Re: Ballot Proposal: Validation Method in certificatePolicies

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Aug 14 11:49:52 MST 2018

Ok, so the speculation about my motivations are completely ridiculous and I’m not going to address them.  Suffice it to say neither of your speculations is even remotely close to correct.

I will say, thinking about it more, I think BIT STRING is optimizing for the wrong case.  I think large numbers of validation methods in a particular certificate will be vanishingly rare, so I think in the long term, just a sequence of integers is probably both easier to use, and more compact, since the number of elements will be strongly peaked at one.

-Tim