[cabf_validation] [EXTERNAL]Re: Ballot Proposal: Validation Method in certificatePolicies

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Aug 7 10:57:39 MST 2018

Then browsers should fix their code.  I thought the benefit of rapid update cycles for browsers was we didn’t have to have workarounds for dodgy browser code?  There should be plenty of time to make sure relative OIDs work correctly before the compliance deadline next year.

It doesn’t make sense to me to waste a few bytes in certificates just because browsers have ignored or badly implemented relative OIDs.

-Tim