[cabf_validation] State and Province OID

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrustdatacard.com
Fri Nov 18 12:53:01 MST 2016

Would like some feedback.

For state BR 7.1.4.2.2.e states "Optional if subject:organizationName and subject:localityName fields are present."

EV 9.2.7 states "Required/Optional: City, state, and country - Required"

Before making a proposal, I would like some consensus that state or province can be optional for EV. If so we can make a simple change to the EV guidelines.

Note that an exception could be that state is required if the jurisdiction is a state or province.

Thanks, Bruce.
Entrust Datacard
+1.613.270.3743