[cabf_validation] Random Value over DNS or .well-known

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrust.com
Thu May 19 10:30:35 MST 2016

My recollection was that we didn't want a CA to be able to reuse the same Random Value (posted somewhere) year after year for revetting when revetting was required.  We also didn't want a Random Value sent out by the CA to sit around unused yet still be valid - so we added a requirement that the CA must sent a new Random Value if the old one is not used within 30 days.

I'm not sure why Request Token is not included - I think early in our discussion a Request Token didn't have anything unique in it, such as a date, etc., so the CA couldn't tell if it was fresh or stale (see prior paragraph).  If we have fixed that so the Request Token's age can be determined (so it's used within 30 days, and not reused at the time of required revetting), then it can be added.