[cabf_validation] Given Name and Surname v2

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Jun 2 14:02:58 MST 2016

Thanks Kurt. I'll fix that

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Roeckx [mailto:kurt at roeckx.be]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:26 PM
To: Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.rowley at digicert.com>
Cc: validation (validation at cabforum.org) <validation at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabf_validation] Given Name and Surname v2

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 03:32:56PM +0000, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> Updated based on discussion:

You have a buch of "are is present".  I'm not a native English speaker, but
I think they should all be "is present".  And "are is absent" should
probably be "are absent".

> Insert a new (C) under 7.1.4.2.2, renumbering all subsequent bullets.
>

> c. Certificate Field: subject:givenName (2.5.4.42) and subject:surname
(2.5.
> 4.4)
>
> Optional.
>
> Contents:  If present, the subject:givenName field and subject:surname
> field MUST contain an natural person Subject's name as verified under
> Section 3.2.3.

It's not clear here if it's allowed to use only a givenName or not, and in
7.1.6.1 it still says you need both.  Did you intend to change that?

Kurt