[cabf_validation] [Ticket#2016042201009206] EV validation datasource for sole proprietorships

LeaderTelecom B.V. info at leadertelecom.nl
Fri Apr 22 07:29:50 MST 2016

Dear Peter,

> I don’t think the CA/Browser Forum approves specific data sources for EV.
It is
> up to the CA to determine the data sources they will use and provide
documentation
> on how they comply with the EV Guidelines to their auditor.

It will be great to use same list for all CA, while for now it seems that they
all CA uses different sources and they are responsible if it was used wrong
source. In case if it will be one list of trusted sources for all CA then it
will be more easy for all parties.
  -- Aleksei Ivanov
LeaderTelecom

22.04.2016 17:11 - Peter Bowen wrote: Christian,

I don’t think the CA/Browser Forum approves specific data sources for EV.  It
is
up to the CA to determine the data sources they will use and provide
documentation
on how they comply with the EV Guidelines to their auditor.

Thanks,
Peter

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 4:03 AM, Christian Heutger <ch at psw.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask, if you could consider
[1]http://evatr.bff-online.de/eVatR/ or
[2]http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=de as a qualified
datasource for EV validation for sole proprietorships. However, the database
does not allow to fetch address details for every country (primary Germany),
but the CAB forum may request, if the CAs could also get access like warehouse
keepers, which are able to fetch all details. There is a possible XML-RPC
integration. Would allow to offer EVs to a wider market in whole Europe.