[cabf_validation] New draft domain validation ballot for discussion on Thursday's call

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Tue Aug 25 16:39:37 MST 2015

Doug Beattie, Jeremy Rowley, and I worked on a new draft of a domain validation ballot dated Aug. 25 - see attached.  Let's work from this re-draft for our call this Thursday.

I tried to go back to some of the earlier draft ballots from some months ago - over time, we got more changes and complexity, and I think people lost track of what we were trying to do, or even what some of the new language meant or was intended to do.

I would strongly recommend we try to stick to old language if possible - we are creating guidelines that CAs around the world will follow, and (in my opinion) shouldn't make changes to the wording of current methods 1-6 unless really necessary.

This draft drops current method 7 ("any other method") and adds three new methods (new 7, 8, and 9) proposed by different parties.  That was the main goal for this ballot in the first place - so let's keep it simple, and get it done.

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE