[Servercert-wg] Discussion Period Begins - Ballot SC-080 V1: "Sunsetting use of WHOIS to identify Domain Contacts"

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Tue Sep 17 07:21:20 UTC 2024

All,

there is a side issue to clarify, in my opinion: although a query of the
WHOIS record - in order to find Domain Contacts - may in some
circumstances not be reliable if done through the WHOIS protocol, for
the reasons that have been explained, I believe that the /interactive
/query of the domain registrar, directly on its website, can be
considered reliable to the extent that the CA is confident that it is in
fact consulting the "right" website.

I would appreciate some opinions on this.

Adriano