[Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL] State or Province

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Thu Sep 5 16:18:15 MST 2019

I agree that a discussion of the goals for this certificate field might help us select a list (I’d throw out that it also might not).  I personally don’t have any strong opinions on the goals, other than a desire for clear requirements and uniformity.

Regarding requirements around disclosure of reasons for violating the SHOULD, I’m curious how that would actually work at the scale required.  Especially since we have had no previous successes with that sort of requirement.  I’m worried that trying to solve that problem might unfortunately prevent progress on this important issue.

-Tim