[cabfpub] Ballot XXX: Update Discussion Period Process

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 11 16:39:59 UTC 2017

On 11/10/17 17:36, Tim Hollebeek wrote:
> The requirement to have seven days after the last version is posted puts
> us in a bad situation where people may avoid making minor corrections
> and improvements to ballots towards the end of the discussion period in
> order to not reset the clock.  I think I’d prefer to see the discussion
> period be 7-14 days, moving to a vote whenever the proposer feels the
> ballot is ready.

I think we want to avoid the situation where a change can be made and
then a vote be moved immediately. Don't we? Or do we just say that if
that happens, people who object to the change can just vote No? But
often, the problem they have can be fixed with a bit more discussion, if
the proposer hadn't jumped the gun. So I do think some guaranteed space
is appropriate.

Gerv