[cabfpub] BRs, EVGLs, and "latest version"

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Sat Oct 7 06:56:27 UTC 2017

On 06/10/17 17:26, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Would all of the browsers need to adopt some type of statement to the effect
> that "all CAs are expected to comply with the most recent version of the
> Baseline Requirements and EV Guidelines?  It seems you are just moving the
> statement/requirement from one place to another?

Well, as long as one requires it, it's required :-) But there would be
no harm in other root programs having the same language.

As I said, it's a little more than just moving the requirement from one
place to another. From a CA obligations perspective, little changes, but
I believe it make the whole situation more clear from an audit perspective.

Gerv