[cabfpub] Ballot 189 - Amend Section 6.1.7 of Baseline Requirements

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Mar 30 21:21:57 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Dimitris Zacharopoulos <jimmy at it.auth.gr>
wrote:

> The reason for this language was to have a clear scope on which Root CA
> Certificates are affected by this rule.

Isn't this already materially addressed by the scope of the Baseline
Requirements?

> Anyone who might object to this change?

I'm still not sure I fully understand the proposal for the change and what
it is attempting to accomplish, given the above general scope of the
Baseline Requirements, and Root Programs expectations regarding
id-kp-emailProtection or id-kp-codeSigning (namely, they don't require
"WebTrust for CAs - SSL Baseline with Network Security" audits)