[cabfpub] Naming rules

陳立群 realsky at cht.com.tw
Mon Mar 27 12:26:14 UTC 2017

Jeremy,

1.       Is there a typo in  3)      The two are not mutually exclusive (ie ABC Company at the country level might be a completely different entity than ABC Company at the city level) ?

   3) should be changed to

3)      The two are  mutually exclusive (ie ABC Company at the country level might be a completely different entity than ABC Company at the city level)

           Then (3) is true.

2.            I suggest to change (4)’ and (5)’ s “ABC company” to “ABC corporation”.

          At least in Taiwan, as https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-March/010176.html said, a company is unique in the who country in Taiwan. In Taiwan, there are QGIS and QTIS for a company. (Also in the break of 40th F2F meeting, I had shown Peter Brown there is a English public beta in  http://findbiz.nat.gov.tw/fts/query/QueryBar/queryInit.do

to query brief information of business, factory &  limited partnership in Taiwan especially for smart phone or tablet in March.  Originally the whole information for a company is in traditional Chinese. This is for replying Peter’s question last month in CABF management’s bi-week call.)

Gervase’s replying in   https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-March/010178.html is right for a company, branch of a company, a central government organization ,a central government unit, Limited Partnership, branch of Limited Partnership, National/Private Universities, National/Private Senior High School, Non-Departmental Public Bodies and so on in Taiwan.

     As for (1) and (2), different entities  have different Central competent authorities or different local central competent authorities to be in charge of country-level  or city-level registration.

     For example, Ministry of Economic Affairs is in charge of the uniqueness of names of a company, branch of a company,  Limited Partnership, branch of Limited Partnership in Taiwan. City government or county government is in charge of the uniqueness of names of a business entities.  Ministry of Education will be in charge of the uniqueness of National/Private Universities, National/Private Senior High School. City government or county government is in charge of the uniqueness of names of city schools such as city universities, municipal high school ,municipal primary school in city level.

Following Civil Associations Act  in Taiwan, I can set up  an association called “eclipse chaser association” in Taipei  city, the members must live in Taipei city. Department of Social Welfare of Taipei City Government is in charge of city-level registration of my eclipse chaser corporation.   The DNs with current BR and current Taiwan GPKI’s naming are the same as C=TW, L=Taipei City O= eclipse chaser association.

If there are amateur astronomers live in Taipei city, New Taipei city,  Taoyuan City, Hualien County, Tainan City, Yunlin County, Nantou County and so on want to go abroad to see 2017 & 2024 Great American Eclipses, they can gather to setup an association called “eclipse chaser association” and its address is in Taipei city, too. The Cooperative & Civil Associations Preparatory Office of Ministry of Interior is in charge of the country-level registration. The DN with current SSL BR will be C=TW, L=Taipei City, O= eclipse chaser association. You see, the DNs with current BR will be the same for these two different entities with city-level registration  and country-level registration level. With X.500 directory naming conventions, the later should be C=TW, O= eclipse chaser association, you can use X.500 directory naming conventions to distinguish these two different associations (different members) with the same name  but in different jurisdiction of incorporation.

     For replying your (4), as Wen-Cheng's replying , for a national-level entity, the DN in X.500 directory naming conventions will not contain an RDN with the localityName attribute or stateOrProvinceName attribute. However, for a local-level entity, the naming forms in X.500 naming conventions and the BRs naming rules are identical.  We think in the most cases where the qualities (unambiguity and uniqueness) of subject DNs with the X.500 directory naming conventions (especially those endorsed by governments and based on the officially registered organization information and organizational laws) are better. We hope to amend

current BR to embrace the existing X.500 naming rules

       Thanks.

             Li-Chun Chen