[cabfpub] Naming rules

Moudrick M. Dadashov md at ssc.lt
Sat Mar 25 00:31:33 UTC 2017

Hi Ryan, can you give an example of 'cross-jurisdictional directory trees'?
Thanks,M.D.

Sent from Samsung tablet.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Moudrick M. Dadashov <md at ssc.lt> wrote:
Auditor examine it through the same government adopted registry.
In fact if government has a centralised register, there is a very little chance that the same data  catogories will be maintained in two different resources - duplication of responsibilitiies is prohibited by law.
Thanks,M.D.

Hi Moudrick,
I'm sorry, but it may not have been clear, I was talking about cross-jurisdictional directory trees. There's nothing that would ensure their unambiguous uniqueness here, and as proposed, two entities could have X.500 DITs that reflected both _their_ jurisdiction and, more importantly, how _their_ jurisdiction views other jurisdictions.
I believe you've misunderstood this to be about a single jurisdiction, but I was not talking about that. Auditors would have to be aware of all jurisdictions - and more importantly, all jurisdictional laws that apply or are relevant for CAs. This is much like the can of worms related to 9.16.3 in which some laws or registries only apply to specific participants.
So while your responses would be correct for a single jurisdiction, that's not the issue :)