[cabfpub] Ballots 202 and 190

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sun Jul 16 21:07:02 UTC 2017

Peter has put together two ballots, Ballot 202 (now in the discussion period, ending Wed.) and 190, and presented them as track changes in the entire BRs.  I have created the attached pdfs that only include the pages with changes (I think - Peter, double check me) for easier review.  Certain changes, like the revision of the important new definition of Authorization Domain Name, affect both ballots.

This is an unusual situation - Ballot 202 will likely be voted on first, so Peter has assumed Ballot 202 passes and includes all the 202 changes in his Ballot 190.  So I recommend people start by reviewing 202, and then 190 knowing it includes those changes from 202.

I also attach my last version of Ballot 190 v6 so we can make sure 202/190 include all the necessary changes.

I have not had time to review these ballots in detail yet, but given how little time we have before voting starts, I encourage others to review them quickly and forward any questions / comments.  Because this affects domain validation rules, we want to make sure we get this right.