[cabfpub] CABForum Teleconference Proposed Topic: Common Browser UI Security Indicators

Mike Reilly (WDG) Mike.Reilly at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 13 18:15:50 UTC 2017

Hi Kirk.  Curt Spann (Apple) and I would like some time on the next CABF teleconference to talk about coordinating browser UI security indicators for TLS/SSL certs.  We have an interest in this area, and would like feedback from other browsers and CAs on the following:

  1.  Should browsers work toward a common browser UI security indicators related to certificates?
  2.  With the move to 100% encryption, what indicator should DV, OV, and EV sites receive?
  3.  Should we set up a new Browser UI Working Group within the Forum under the new governance structure to work on this topic?

Can we block out some time on the next call for this topic?  Thanks, Mike

Mike Reilly | Principal PM Lead, Risk Management & Crypto Ecosystem
Windows and Devices Group (WDG) InfoSec