[cabfpub] Assuring trust in website identities

Richard Wang richard at wosign.com
Mon Feb 27 02:02:11 UTC 2017

+100

WoSign like to endorse this.

I always think the true identity is more important than encryption. A fake site using DV SSL is more dangerous that no SSL.  For example, this site is a fade Office 365 site: https://www.microsoftonline.us.com/ that I am sure this by checking the certificate is a free DV SSL that Microsoft never use this type certificate for its site, but the normal Internet user don't know this, then entered his/her Office 365 username and password to fraud.

Good news for CAs is, as I know, 360 Browser will have different UI for EV/OV/IV/DV, the OV UI will like EV to display organization name in the address bar but use white color, to make difference from EV green bar, but let site visitor know this website true identity that no need to click the certificate subject for details.

Best Regards,

Richard