[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates: User input

Scott Rea scott at scottrea.com
Fri Feb 10 18:01:22 UTC 2017

Well I am not a voting member (yet), so feel free to ride rough shod
over what I am saying, not because you are correct, but because you can...

You missed entirely what I was saying Ryan. Peter's calculation is
technical - I agree, this is why you correctly chose days as the period
to be included in the standard. But my point is that Andrew's original
argument for 13 months is arbitrary - I could make the same argument for
14 months, its just a line in the sand...

To be clear - I agree that 398 days is a technical representation of an
upper bound on 13 months. I disagree that 13 months is objective, and as
such, 400 days accomplishes the same objective, with lower expected
implementation effort for some of the CAs in the Forum.

I still advocate for 400 days.

Regards,
-Scott

--