[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Feb 10 17:53:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM, philliph at comodo.com <philliph at comodo.com>
wrote:

> So what are these other reasons that I am ignoring?
>

>From https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-February/009410.html ,
which I linked to you previously:

"Consider the impact of Ballot 169"
"Consider any reform about extensions and their content"
"Consider how the long validity period of certificates has artificially
suppressed the need for automation"
"Consider the challenges in distrusting a CA"

Each of these seems like distinct points.

If that isn't sufficient, perhaps you can review Peter Bowen's summary at
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2017-February/009483.html to
understand the issues we've been discussing, but which you've ignored so
far.