[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 (2) - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Feb 8 23:39:58 UTC 2017

Sort of. I’d say the CAs have several automated tools available and are continuously improving on them to fit various subscriber use cases, but we’re looking at delays in deployment as customers fit these tools into their work flows, network requirements, and provisioning obstacles. I think we’re on the path towards shorter validity periods, but trying to get most large customers to adopt auto-deployment for their infrastructure by May 2018 will be nearly impossible.

Jeremy