[cabfpub] Verification of Domain Contact and Domain Authorization Document

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Fri Dec 22 07:22:07 UTC 2017

Ryan,

I think I see what you mean, but I also believe that the problem is not
in method #1 per se, but rather in the "degrees of freedom" with which
it may be implemented, as allowed by the BRs.

In particular, I believe that establishing the authenticity of the
request directly with the Applicant's Representative is a bad practice,
regardless of the DCV method employed.

I'd suggest to try and improve (tighten) the BRs, instead of killing DCV
methods that make sense, per se, but should be implemented in a more
robust way.

For instance, I'd favour zapping the words "directly with the
Applicant's Representative or" from the second paragraph of BR §3.2.5.
Would not that be an improvement?

Adriano