[cabfpub] Draft Agenda for CABF teleconference April 27

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Apr 24 21:07:01 UTC 2017

I thought it was concluded that Ballot 194 had failed, but if there's still
ambiguity, we should resolve that post-haste.

There's some important questions that arise from your answer:
1) What happens to the IP obligations of members for such "undetermined"
ballots?
2) What happens for future ballots, should the situation arise?
3) What happens if Ballot 197 fails?
4) What constitutes the legitimate start of a Review Period? That is, does
the mere act of the Chair sending such formally constitute such notice? Is
this true even in question of the Bylaws?

I would hope such a Ballot would provide complete guidance on such matters,
by addressing Ballot 194's status, the "Review Notice", the clarifications
on voting (e.g. sent, submitted, posted, delivered, via shall all be
measured by this means). As this would not affect any of the documents, we
could complete such a vote within 14 days.

I'm curious whether there are any other concerns that such a Ballot should
try to address so that there is no ambiguity whatsoever with respect to
Ballot 194's status, and which might serve as a model for the future in the
determination of such ambiguity. This is similar to the readoption of our
documents in Ballots 180 - 182, to attempt to resolve such ambiguities.