[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: ]RE: Ballot 194 - Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions is in the VOTING period (ends April 16)

Eric Mill eric at konklone.com
Tue Apr 18 21:38:38 UTC 2017

All of the energy being spent on this thread could probably be better spent
in just initiating a new ballot for a revote and getting that started.

For what it's worth, I agree entirely with Geoff that it would be a bad
outcome for the Forum if a revote on a technicality led to a changed
outcome. Apple changing their vote for that reason to make sure the
original vote is respected, if Apple truly doesn't object to the outcome
(as their original abstention would indicate), seems completely reasonable.

But I think it makes the Forum look really bad if they hinge a tiebreaker
vote on an interpretation of "submitted to" that allows for someone to have
their email rejected by a mailing list they're not subscribed to. That's
not a credible interpretation of the Bylaws, and what Ryan is pointing to
is that since the Bylaws are in part meant to guarantee the legal
defensibility of IP protections, you should try to maintain discipline
about process and not reach out to strained interpretations to avoid
inconvenience.

-- Eric

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Ryan Sleevi via Public <public at cabforum.org

--