[cabfpub] Ballot 190: Domain Validation

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Apr 13 21:36:22 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Kirk Hall <Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com>
wrote:

> Can you explain what part of Ballot 190 (shown below) is not clear to
> you?  Do you have edits you would suggest that would “fix” the problem you
> see?
>

>From my earlier message, as it looks like you may have missed it:

"If you want to accomplish this, however, you would need to update Section
4.2.1 to specify how that process works. Otherwise, Section 4.2.1 will
govern, and Section 2 of this ballot will have no effect due to its
ambiguity and lack of modification to the document."

We have a section in the document that governs this. It's Section 4.2.1.
We have a section in the document that calls out effective dates. It's
Section 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.
We have a defined process in our bylaws to modify those sections. Let's
follow it, and not invent new procedures ad hoc.