[cabfpub] Fwd: RE: RFC 3647 Compliance

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Apr 28 13:35:43 UTC 2017

Forwarding as requested.

Gerv

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RE: [cabfpub] RFC 3647 Compliance
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 04:26:35 +0000
From: Man Ho <manho at certizen.com>
To: public at cabforum.org <public at cabforum.org>
CC: gerv at mozilla.org <gerv at mozilla.org>

I can see that good points of deprecating the old RFC 2527. However, I
can't tell whether most CAs would have nothing to do. At least I know
there are CAs still using RFC 2527 format for some reasons. As members
will continue discussing substances and expectations of this requirement
for 6 months, I think a period of 6 months should be given to CAs making
changes to their CP/CPS.

[Hopefully someone could convey my comment to the forum because I'm not
a member here. Thanks.]