[cabfpub] Final Agenda for CABF teleconference 27 April 2017

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Apr 26 22:39:18 UTC 2017

Here is the final agenda for our teleconference this Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 16:00 UTC (9:00 am Pacific, 12:00 pm Noon Eastern)

Time

Start (UTC)

Stop

Item

Description

Notes / Presenters

(Thursday) April 27, 2017

0:02

16:00

16:02

1.

Roll Call

Kirk

0:01

16:02

16:03

2.

Read Antitrust Statement

Robin

0:01

16:03

16:04

3.

Review Agenda

Kirk

0:03

16:04

16:07

4.

a)     Approve Minutes of CABF teleconference of April 13, 2017 as amended

b)     Complete F2F meeting minutes: Missing:

·       Jeremy - Validation WG

·       Doug- Microsoft Program Update

·       Liang - 360 Update

·       Eric Mill - GSA update (?)

·       Andrew Whalley - The Role and Relationship of the Forum

·       Future of Web PKI - Part 1 (2 sessions) - ?

·       Future of Web PKI - Part 2 (2 sessions) -?

·       Future of Web PKI - Part 3 (multiple sessions) - ?

c)      Update on Cisco-provided WebEx account (Jos, Ben)

Revised draft teleconference Minutes Sent by Kirk on April 23

0:04

16:07

16:11

5.

Governance Change Working Group update.

Dean/Ben/Virginia

0:04

16:11

16:15

6.

Validation Working Group update.

Jeremy

0:04

16:15

16:19

7.

Policy Review Working Group update.

Ben/Dimitris

0:12

16:19

16:31

8.

Draft Code of Conduct

Virginia/Tarah

0:16

16:31

16:47

9.

Ballot Status (as of CABF meeting date)
Ballots in voting period:

a)     Ballot 197 - Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions (Kirk).  Ends May 3.

Ballots in discussion period:

b)     Ballot 198 - .Onion Revisions (Jeremy).  Ends May 1.

c)      Ballot 199 - Require commonName in Root and Intermediate Certificates (Gerv).  Ends May 2.

Ballots in IPR Review Period:

d)     Ballot 189 - Amend BR 6.1.7 to clarify signing by root keys (ends May 15)

e)     Ballot 194 -  Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions (ends May 16)

f)       Ballot 195 - CAA Fixup (ends May 18)

g)     Ballot 196 - Define "Audit Period" (ends May 18)

Other ballot drafts - discussion optional:

h)     Ballot 184 - RFC 822 Names and otherNames, SRV names (Jeremy)

i)       Ballot 186 - Limiting reuse of validation information (Ryan)

j)       Ballot 190 - BR 3.2.2.4 Validation Methods (Jeremy)

k)      Ballot 191 - Clarify Place of Business Info (Jeremy)

l)       Ballot 192- Notary Clarification (Jeremy)

m)    Require commonName in Root and Intermediate Certificates (Gerv)

n)     RAs and Delegated Third Parties (Gerv)

o)     Expected ASN.1 grammar for BR & EV certificates (Peter)

p)     Bylaws change - Membership requirements (Gerv)

q)     Bylaw change - Voting rules (Jos)

r)      Profiling OCSP & CRLs (Ryan)

Various

0:02

16:47

16:49

10.

Next F2F meeting: June 20-22, 2017 Berlin (D-Trust) - BOOK HOTELS NOW
Oct. 3-5, 2017 Taipei (Chunghwa Telecom)

Kirk

0:05

16:49

16:54

11.

Preliminary discussion F2F Agenda - June 20-22 Berlin.
Possible speaker:  Comment from Arno: We have invited Dr. Jens Bender from "Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Infromationstechnik Referat D13 - eID Technologies and Smart Cards" to be our speaker on topics like e-Identification, eIDAS and Website Certificates.  We will finalize the title of the lecture in May

Kirk

0:05

16:54

16:59